Saturday 16 February 2013

Horus Heresy Goodness

Butterfly! Moi?

So with Dux Britanniarum filling the gaming schedule and LotR as an option for break, why start another project?

Well my VI Legion thing has been going for a while (17 years or so), but I've been concentrating on a Horus Heresy era force for the last three years. whilst the bulk were all ready about 18 months ago, it's nice to add a new items every once and while. This week it was a new Battle Leader:


Then there came to chance to pick-up a bargain stack of Forge World Death Guard. They previous owner had done a reasonable basic paint and wash job on them. So it's a case of removing flash lines, getting into the nooks and crannies, some fresh weathering and then redoing the base. Decals are on route, but this test paint is of a bog standard Tactical Marine at the time of the Betrayal:

Still not sure whether to stick with the brown basing over my traditional GW black. I think black goes well with the snow, but I like the grimy look for the Death Guard. Decisions, decisions ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Nice looking minis Stephen

    My friend Oscar are in the progress of painting some Death Guard, you can see some pictures in this forum post at our club forum, suppouse you know some swedish by now;) http://www.stockholmwargaming.se/plank/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2205

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll certainly do my best based on my Danglish, but can always ask Inka ;-)

      You might like to point him in the direction of the HH group in Denmark that post here: http://www.powerfist.dk/forum/index.php?board=590.0

      Regards,

      Delete